Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Dress before Alterations!

as most of you.. well some of you at least know... I lost my mom when I was eight years old.. ever since I was young I thought it would be a sweet gesture to wear my mothers gown down the aisle. Well now that the day has come for me to wear the white and go down the aisle I finally got to see the dress. It was pretty to say the least... except there were things about it I didn't like... like the sleeves. Ekk.. they were very 90s sleeves.

So... Mr. Zach's Grandma happens to be a seamstress so she is going to fix it so I can wear it down the aisle in 6 months! Bye Bye Sleeves...!
Here are some pictures from our first meeting.. what do you guys think?
I am thinking about getting a different dress for the reception- just a simple dress but I am not sure yet... advice from anyone who has had two dresses or do you think this one would look beautiful enough on me once it is done?
 The back of the dress...
 Front of the dress and me making silly faces at one of my maids of honors.
 the train with momma B and Zachary's grandma.
 sideways glance at it.
 another sideways glance at it.
 the sleeves..

Girls on Weddingbee were thinking I should get a poofy slip to go underneath it to make it more ball gown looking and I think I may get an aqua one for my something blue! :) It would save a lot more than buying another dress. :)
I am very excited for all of it. 
Now I have lots of other things to blog about!! More wedding related blogs to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment