Saturday, September 4, 2010

And Then we Changed our Minds...

So I wrote back in August that we had found our venue. Well now I am not so sure. I mean it is a nice place an all but I haven't heard back from my email to them in days and I know that places like that get busy, but you could at least try to respond within 48 hours. Plus there are little fees that are being brought to my attention that I wasn't aware of when we booked the place. Another thing that threw me off was when we went to the tasting together, they didn't even have my name correct. They had me under Kimberly. Okay.. I rarely know a Kimberly.. let alone my name is no where near Kimberly. Plus when we made our decision we were feeling kind of rushed to make a decision. And I am not really sure we want a full dinner anymore which is what we have to have at the bluff, and we also have to have a guest minimum so if we don't hit it we have to pay extra and I am not sure I like that so much. So now we may be backing out. We lose 600 dollars if we do, but I would rather have somewhere that I trust to keep me updated and responsive to my emails! So we haven't canceled our reservation at the Bluff yet, but we have been looking at other venues that we may not have found out about until after we booked our first one.

Here are our places we have been taking a look at so far:

Rockford Legion Hall. I don't know too much about this one.. Zach's mom found it and wants us to check it out. I said sure.

Grand Volute Ballroom. This one is one of my favorites it is also more expensive than the Bluff but it is so pretty!

Mosaic Space.. It is a new venue and it looks like it could be exactly what we are looking for.. We find out September 16th if it is or not.

Those are our Three new places we have been looking at. We will try to keep you all updated as we continue our journey as we get closer to the day I get to become my best friend's wife for the rest of my life. I am extremely excited. 
I am in desperate need of Sleep.. I have to be up in like 6 hours. Woot!
:)
Night fellow bloggers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment