Monday, August 30, 2010

My dress- Possible alterations

So on Wednesday I went dress looking with my future momma in law. I am planning on wearing my mothers dress if we can alter it (I am bigger chested than she is so I have to add more fabric to it.. which may get too complicated). Well we went shopping just to see what kind of sleeves we would want to add to it... Just in preparation for his grandma so we had an idea well.. These are the pictures and types of styles we came up with..
Hey... just before you look.. these are all boob shots. :)
And half of my mouth doing crazy faces.
These sleeves were okay... although I wasn't thrilled with them.
I love halter tops.. but with the type of cut my mom's dress is I am sure it wouldn't look good with it.. But if I can't get it altered I may go with a halter dress... ha ha. 
These sleeves made me feel silly. Hence the silly face.
These sleeves were my favorite out of this style dress. I don't really know why except for the fact that I felt supported and pretty at the same time. So If I do alter my mothers dress these will be my sleeves hopefully.
 
The sleeves in the back.
These were my dress trying adventures.
Things I learned on this trip...
1. I may be a 34B in regular bra size, but whoever designed corset strapless bras must not have given girls with ribs a thought. I had to button all of the clasps and then try to put it over my head.. Two tries and a few red marks later that bra was on... But I couldn't breathe.
2. Bring my own strapless bra if I do have to go dress shopping!
All in all it was a pretty productive day.. Now if only I could find this cute flower girl dress at a cheaper price (125 x2... not happening...) we would all be in a happier place!
On to the next post... Invites! 
I have a lot of catching up to do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment